Welcome to Psi Beta
Psi Beta’s mission is to encourage professional development and psychological literacy of all students at two-year colleges through promotion and recognition of excellence in scholarship, leadership, research, and community service.
If you are already a part of Psi Beta, thank you for your involvement. Please use this site to keep us informed about your activities so that you can receive recognition in the Psi Beta newsletter and so we can encourage you to apply for our many national awards. If you are not yet a part of Psi Beta, we hope you will consider becoming an advisor or a member – both students and faculty benefit from participating in Psi Beta!
Mentorship, awards and honors in psychology…Sign up today for the rewards of Psi Beta membership!
Learn more about what your membership in Psi Beta can bring to your education experience.
Load up your online shopping cart with the latest Psi Beta gear. Get the goods here.
Here you’ll find all the information and forms you need for starting a Psi Beta chapter at your school.
The handbook covers Psi Beta chapter activities, bylaws, guidelines, networking, etc.
Click here to read guidelines for the candlelight ceremony for inducting new members.
Click here to register new members, print a batch invoice, and pay online.
Help psychology students excel in leadership. Learn how to become a Psi Beta Advisor.
Use this easy form to submit an article or chapter news to the Psi Beta Newsletter.
Carol Tracy Individual Community Service Award
Katherine Wilson at Virginia Western Community College
Chapter advisor is Professor Lora Vasiliauskas
Carol Tracy Chapter Community Service Award
Lone Star College – Montgomery
Chapter advisor is Professor Karen Buckman
Virginia Staudt Sexton Faculty Advisor Award
Kimberley Duff, Advisor at Cerritos College
Nominated by Alexandra Gomez
Ann G. Robinson College Life Award
McHenry County College
Advisor is Professor Tersa Bossert
Honorable Mention to Spartanburg Methodist College
Advisor is Professor Mary Jane Farmer
Johnson / Cousins Building Bonds Award
Psi Beta chapter at Collin College and the Psi Chi chapter at University of Texas – Pan American
Advisors are Professors Jennifer O’Loughlin-Brooks (Psi Beta) and Amy A. Weimer (Psi Chi)
Chapter Excellence Awards
- Carroll Community College – Advisor is Laura Bittner
- Collin College – Advisor is Joshua Arduengo
- Irvine Valley College – Advisor is Kari Tucker
- Las Positas College – Advisor is Ernie Jones
- Lone Star College – Montgomery – Advisor is Karen Buckman
- Tarrant County College Northeast – Advisor is Yvonne McCoy
- Spartanburg Methodist College – Advisor is Mary Jane Farmer
- Union County College – Advisor is Melinda Norelli
- Virginia Western Community College – Advisor is Lora Vasiliauskas
Worth / Psi Beta Research Paper Awards
- 1st Amalia Krystal Lira, How motivation affects extracurricular involvement, Cerritos College
- 2nd Sophie Mako Tanaka, The impact of mindset priming on coping with challenges, Irvine Valley College
- 3rd Antonio Teixeira, The extent of college students’ beliefs in horoscopes and astrology, Irvine Valley College
- 1st Kelli Owen, Effects of attitudes toward pornography consumption on relationships, Mesa Community College (AZ)
- 2nd Alexandra Gomez, The effect of sexual expression on perception of females, Cerritos College
- 3rd Megan Puga et al, Color variation of the Mandrill Perinea area related to estrus, Mesa Community College (CA)
Learn more about this new award to honor Psi Beta/Psi Chi collaboration.
Click here for awards info or use the pull-down navigation up top to select an award.