How to Join
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Psi Beta
Students become members of Psi Beta by registering through the Psi Beta chapter on their campus. It is not possible to join Psi Beta unless your college has a chapter. So the first thing to do is to determine if your college has a Psi Beta chapter. Ask one of the fulltime psychology professors at your college, contact the student activities office, or visit and search your college website. If your college does not have a chapter, you need to persuade a psychology professor to begin the process of chartering a new chapter. The forms and procedure for starting a new chapter can be found on this website. The national office will do everything possible to expedite the formation of a new chapter at your college.
If your college does have an active Psi Beta chapter, the membership eligibility requirements are as follows:
1. You have completed a college psychology course with a grade of B or higher.
2. You have completed 12 units of college coursework with a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 or higher, or your GPA is within the top 35% of GPAs at your college.
3. You have an interest in psychology.
4. You have good standing in the community.
5. You pay a $50 one time, lifetime fee.
Note: The eligibility criteria listed above represents the minimum. Local chapters are free to adopt higher standards (e.g., 3.5 GPA).