Psi Beta-Ann Garrett Robinson College Life Award
Please read over the requirements and when you’re ready, click on the gold button at the bottom to nominate or apply.
Open to active Psi Beta student members and faculty advisors, alone or as a team. The nominee(s)/team may be nominated by self, chapter officer, the faculty advisor or the college administration.
A plaque of recognition is awarded to the winning person or chapter.
Requirements for Selection
Nominators must send a letter nomination letter. A one-page typed description of the innovative, resourceful, and useful lecture(s), program(s), event(s) or project(s) that uniquely promote(d) the quality of two-year college life and advance(d) the discipline of psychology and the mission of Psi Beta, implemented by the nominee(s).
- A mini-conference that includes, for example, a day of lectures, workshops, and poster presentations.
- A speaker’s forum presenting topics relevant areas to psychology (i.e., cyberspace, environmental, police, sports, violence in schools).
- Linking psychology with the humanities, i.e., an exhibit of psychology art and photography.
- Highlight national leaders of APA, APS, or Psi Beta as a part of a history project.
- Create academic support programs or research, i.e., designing and implementing a program to produce higher rates of student retention.
- A forum highlighting potential careers in psychology.
Please submit a one-page typed description of the project or event that uniquely promotes the quality of life at your community college, the mission of Psi Beta, and the discipline of psychology. Optional: You may submit up to two additional PDF files having photos or other evidence of your college life activity.
All materials must be submitted online between May 1 and June 1. Uploads must be in PDF format.