The chapter induction can – and should – be one of the most memorable events of the year. If done well, the induction ceremony will stand out as one of the most memorable events of a member’s academic pathway. Inductions can range in terms of formality, but we urge you to schedule at least one formal induction each year. Below are some resources to assist in your induction planning.
Induction Related Items
- Example of the induction event sequence plan used by one chapter
- Example of a certificate of appreciation used by one chapter to thank a keynote speaker or highly supportive person
- Example of an induction ceremony program used by one chapter to inform the audience and inductees about what was going on
- PowerPoint “Induction Essentials”
- PowerPoint used during the induction at one chapter
- The Chapter Handbook has information on inductions (see pages 30-39)
- Video you can use to supplement a face-to-face or virtual induction – made my Dr. Kimberley Duff, Psi Beta’s Past-President and a co-advisor at Cerritos College.