I. Tips for preparing your data file – February 25, 2022
Key files you’ll want to download
Please CLICK HERE to download the raw data file (2.16.2022 raw data download)
Please CLICK HERE to download the codebook
Please CLICK HERE to download a PDF copy of the research questionnaire that participants responded to
Please CLICK HERE to download a PDF copy of former Psi Beta National Study information on Campus Connectedness and Shyness
Please CLICK HERE to download a copy of the PowerPoint used to present the webinar on data preparation and analysis
Please CLICK HERE to access a video replay of the February 25th webinar on preparing the national research study data file
Steps to prepare the raw data file before you can analyze it
1- Identify and remove cases with missing data.
2- Remove cases that do not connect the participant to a Psi Beta college (e.g. “Test” and “Attend another college”).
3- Use the codebook to rename the variables on the spreadsheet.
4- Recode any variables having words instead of numbers.
5- Reverse code variables that need to be reverse coded.
6- Save the file as a CSV file.
7- Import the CSV file into JASP.
Brief step-by-step videos to help you prepare the raw data for analysis – each title below is a hot link
- Renaming variables – video clip
- Change cells with words to numbers – video clip
- Reverse coding – video clip
- Finding cases with missing data – video clip
- Sort and delete cases with too much missing data – video clip
II. Tips for analyzing the data – March 4th, 2022
- Please CLICK HERE to download a PDF of the computation guide needed for computing Shyness, Connectedness, and all the scales.
- Please CLICK HERE to download the PowerPoint used for this workshop
- Please CLICK HERE to download Psi Beta National’s version of the cleaned and prepared data file (use this to check your work from Webinar 1)
- Please CLICK HERE to view a recording of this workshop
III. Tips for preparing and presenting your results (poster or written report) and more! – March 11th, 2022