Chapter Delegates are the primary student-level liaison with Psi Beta’s Administration and National Council (Psi Beta’s governing body). We strongly encourage all chapters to elect a Chapter Delegate. The steps for registering your Chapter Delegate are at the bottom of this page.
Chapter Delegate Eligibility and Qualifications
Your Delegate must be a registered, active, and current Psi Beta member. Your Delegate will need regular access to the Internet (for access to email, the Psi Beta website, Zoom, and social media).
- The Delegate will have the opportunity to interact directly with members of the National Council and other delegates from across the U.S.
- The Delegate will communicate to the National Council about the activities and needs of your Chapter.
- The Delegate will communicate back to your Chapter any updates from the National Council, including information about the National Research Project, Awards and Scholarships, upcoming professional conferences, content on social media, and products available in the Psi Beta store.
- Chapter Delegates will be encouraged to post or send photographs and brief descriptions of successful Chapter activities to share with other chapters.
- The Delegate will complete and submit the Chapter Excellence Form (due May 1st each year).
- The Delegate will gather and report input from the local Chapter to the Psi Beta’s National Office in matters of national Psi Beta importance (e.g., votes for candidates running for national offices, approval of changes in the national bylaws, or opinion or satisfaction surveys).
Chapter Delegate Registration – Primary Advisor Must Do This Part
- Decide who will be your Chapter Delegate.
- Log on to the Psi Beta Advisor portal.
- On the left side of your screen, click on “Members.”
- Find the name of the student who will serve as this year’s Delegate.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the student’s name. This will pull up the member’s account information.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page.
- Check the “Delegate” box.
- Click on “Submit” so the change will be saved.
- You are done. The Psi Beta National Office will contact your Delegate and take it from there.