Psi Beta, the national psychology honor society for students attending two-year colleges, is inviting applicants for its Executive Director position. Psi Beta’s mission is to encourage professional development and psychological literacy of students by promoting and recognizing excellence in scholarship, leadership, research, and community service. We are looking for a dynamic leader with community college teaching experience and a history of serving the psychology teaching community.
The successful candidate will serve as the national representative of Psi Beta to student members, faculty advisors, professional societies, and the general population. The Executive Director works with the Psi Beta National Council to help formulate, communicate, implement, and maintain Psi Beta’s strategic plan. The Executive Director manages the national office to ensure it functions efficiently and oversees Psi Beta’s financial resources to ensure that the organization is fiscally sound.
The following are the required & preferred educational achievements and work experience of a successful candidate:
- Master’s degree or higher in Psychology from an accredited university
- Understanding of the community college mission
- Interpersonal proficiency
- Budget balancing experience
- High sense of ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Oral presentation skills
- Technical skills including a working knowledge of Excel, email, Word, PowerPoint, SurveyMonkey, and WordPress
- At least two years of experience managing a team of 3+ people working remotely
- Ability to work legally in the United States
- Experience as Psi Beta adviser or officer (similar experience with Psi Chi acceptable)
- Community college teaching experience
- History of effectively mentoring students and colleagues
- Currently active or has been active in professional organizations in psychology such as STP, CABE, APA, APS, or a regional psychological association
- Conference presentation experience
The Executive Director position is funded at part-time (.25 FTE) level with a starting annual salary of $12,000. Applications will be accepted until November 15th, 2018. The expected start date is March 1, 2019, but is negotiable.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, two letters of recommendation and contact information for three additional references.
Psi Beta is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions or would like to review the complete job description, please contact Dr. Kathleen Hughes, Past-President of Psi Beta at email@example.com
For the complete job description, please click here: PBExecDir_responsibilities